- Herbs in Chanderprabha Vati, Kaishore Guggul are useful herbal remedies for backache due to leucorrhea and other gynaecological problems.
- If you have chronic back pain, keep yourself warm and eat hot food items.
- Include herbs like Turmeric, Tulsi, Ginger and Garlic in your daily diet.
- Boil ten Tulsi leaves in one cup of water until the water is reduced to half a cup. Add salt to it after cooling. Take this mixture daily. For severe backache, take it twice a day.
- Make a decoction of garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric in 100 ml water. Mix 100 ml Mustard Oil into it. Heat it and massage it in the back. It is most effective among herbal remedies for back pain.
- Kaishore guggul is very helpful among many herbal remedies for backache. Take two tablets thrice daily to get rid of backache, after meals.
- You could take a mixture of five black pepper corns, five cloves and one-gram dry ginger powder, 5 gram fenugreek powder and 5 gram Turmeric and consume at least twice a day.
- Include in diet tomato, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, lettuce and at least two lightly cooked vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, carrot and fruits etc.
- While sleeping, sleep on a firm mattress. Avoid sleeping face down.
- Do the exercises daily, 10-20 times each. Increase the number of times as your strength increases. Do not do exercise in acute and severe backache. Just take rest.
- Avoid constipation. Constipation can also cause backache.
Causes of Back Pain
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease causing destruction of synovial membrane, synovial fluid and formation of osteophytes i.e. bony fragments which rub against the bones and cartilages within and around the joint. The joint space is impossibly reduced in severe cases causing extensive reduction in range of movement. Osteoarthritis generally affects the knee joints and vertebral column of the females as low estrogen levels cause extensive joint erosion and calcium depletion (osteoporosis) after menopause. The knee joint is no more able to bear the weight of the entire body and ultimately the joint space is reduced. Losing some weight is the key to treat osteoarthritis in obese patients. Quadriceps muscles (thigh) muscle strengthening exercises are recommended to increase the joint support. Nutrition plays a very important role in all the degenerative diseases like osteoarthritis. Natural calcium and vitamins like Aloe vera juice is recommended along with other herbs for osteoarthritis. Long distance walk, climbing of stairs, squatting and sitting on knees is forbidden in cases of osteoarthritis. Massage with anti-inflammatory oils is recommended.
It is a condition in which the sciatic nerve is pressed upon by the protruding disc, which can prolapse out of the intervertebral space due to injury or pull. The disc can also bulge out of the intervertebral space because of the prolonged wrong posture and degenerative osteoarthritis causing severe back pain radiating towards back of the legs upto to the feet sometimes. It is a condition in which the back pain is so severe that a person feels comfortable after strong muscle relaxants, pain killers and other drugs. Herbal remedies for such back pain are Joint Aid Plus, Kaishore guggul, Stress support and Ashwagandha powder helps a lot in this condition. These herbal remedies are available at our website.
3. Rheumatoid Back Pain
Rheumatoid Back Pain is a chronic disease that causes pain, stiffness, swelling and decreased range of motion and function of multiple joints. Rheumatism is caused by fault in our immune system. Although it is a disease of the joints but other body parts also get affected as they also become inflamed. The stiffness of joints in rheumatoid arthritis starts early morning and slowly gets reduced as the day passes. Morning stiffness is an important diagnostic hint for rheumatoid arthritis even if the RA factor is negative. For example, osteoarthritis does not generally cause prolonged morning stiffness. This disease affects smaller joints more rather than big joints. Bigger joints are involved in severe cases and the patient may become bed ridden. The back pain in rheumatoid arthritis is very severe can also cripple someone because of its severe form. Such backache can be helped by Kaishore guggul, Aamvatantak Churna, Stress Support, Ashwagandha, Punarnava mandoor and Yograj guggul etc. All these herbs are also available at our website. Other symptoms that may accompany rheumatoid arthritis with painful stiff joints are-Anemia, loss of energy, loss of appetite and low-grade fevers. Sometimes there is an associated condition known as Sjogren’s syndrome which results in dry eyes and dry mouth.
4. Back Pain due to Constipation
Sometimes constipation may also cause mild backache, which can be on and off in nature. It is relieved as the constipation is relieved.
5. Back Pain due to Pelvic Conditions
Some conditions such as inflammation in the pelvic organs like uterus, ovaries, urinary bladder, kidneys, ureteric stones, prostate and rectum diseases can also cause backache. Herbal remedies like Kumari Saar, Punarnava Mandoor, Chanderprabha vati etc. help a lot in such conditions.
6. Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ankylosing spondylitis is among many other diseases which comprise the group of rheumatic diseases. This is also caused by some fault in our immune system. A specific Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) tissue type called HLA-B27 occurs in about 90% of individuals with ankylosing spondylitis. The disease affects the vertebral column in large and causes widespread destruction of most of the intervertebral as well as hip joints, resulting in marked stiffness and decreased range of movement. There are some useful herbal remedies for ankylosing spondylitis like Aamvatantak churna, Joint aid plus, Yograj Guggul and Kaishore Guggul tablets. Kumari Saar (Aloe vera juice) should be consumed regularly to improve overall outcome of this natural treatment of ankylosing spondylitis.