However, the treatment of an enlarged liver depends on the cause of its occurrence.
An enlarged liver is the outcome of many probable disorders that need instant professional medical assistance. It is often related to a similar symptom: distended spleen. There are many conditions that may ground to swollen liver or enlarged liver, including liver disorders such as hepatitis and a variety of other diseases not directly associated to the liver.
Natural and Herbal Treatments for Enlarged Liver
- The Indian aloe is used in healing of hepatomegaly. The pulp of the plant is taken and assorted with black salt and ginger. This can be really helpful.
- Chicory juice is acquired from its flowers and is very beneficial in the cure of several liver problems.
- The kantakari herb is helpful in the treatment of swelling of both the liver and the spleen, which is known as hepatomegaly & splenomegaly.
- Gokulakanta herb is used for treatment of several liver problems including jaundice, hepatitis and derangement of the liver.
- Eat four to six small meals every day in place of only three main meals. Try to include fresh fruits, vegetables and unprocessed foods in your eating course. Drink plenty of water to flush toxins. Vitamin A, Vitamin B-complex, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium rich foods should be the priority in case of liver enlargement or fatty liver.
- Dandelion has a very constructive outcome on the liver, as it stimulates the liver to carry out its normal function.
- The bark of the henna plant is taken in powder to treat the problem of liver enlargement.
- Eclipta is a creeper which has great benefits in the treatment of enlargement of the liver.
- For liver enlargement, the dhatu of copper is also generally prescribed. It is taken in the form of a bhasma.